Date sent:              Sat, 17 Feb 2001 22:36:39 -0500
Send reply to:          "Parkinson's Information Exchange Network"
From:                   janet paterson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: The Agony and The Ecstasy / NO MIME please
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> At 13:49 2001/02/18 +1100, Peter Dawkins Parkinson's Australia wrote:
> >This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

1.whyisnt this handled off-list???
2.who appointed you as official outlook express email selector/??
not everyone has windows/ explorer
if  you are so conversant with email..why not recommend to the list
monitor techniques for reviewing this stuff prior to distribution..ie
all mail with mime or  atttachments or etcetcetc..  pleae dont
require us to   use inferior clients such asoutlook express though
3..please try to get off your holy high horse... u obviously have a lot
of energy to contribute to the group..i wish this energy was
channeled away from editorial  or criticism or sheer redundncy oof
copying articles that have allready appeared in others
contributions. perhaps limiting  yourself to opinions about subject
matter vs ommunication techniques?? or opinons of pd research?
i know i'd read more of your notes if there were fewer of them and
they  were on subject // i like your idea of using .txt  instead of
.doc. but was so turned off by the rest of ur note i  nearly didnt read
it,,,

> >------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C099B1.8C2B8F60
> >

> >------=_NextPart_001_000A_01C099B1.8C2B8F60
> >
> >I know its not kosher to include attachments but I have a press release =
> >that's been approved and amended by Parkinson's Australia's Scientific =
> >committee and the computer has no known viruses apart from the driver =
> >having Pd.  I just became so incensed by the medias coverage of the =
> >Ecstasy story I felt the enclosed piece should be read.=20
> >Peter Dawkins
>
> hi peter
>
> i have not opened your attachment, it has been deleted,
> and i do not use Microsoft word, so i cannot decipher .doc files anyway
>
> is this article available on the wwweb anywhere?
> has the Parkinson's Australia's Scientific committee not published it?
> do they not have a web site?
> could you give us the URL?
>
> alternatively,
> could you save the .doc file,
> while you have the document open in MS Word,
> to a plain ascii .txt file?
> (this would result in a much smaller than 31K size file)
>
> you could then simply include the text into a normal e-mail message,
> that is, AFTER you change your e-mail software settings to:
> NO MULTIPART MESSAGES and NO MIME
>
> i dys-recommend using Microsoft's Outlook Express for any e-mail
> but particularly for listserv e-mail groups
>
> it is not a matter of being 'kosher' or not
>
> sending 31k attachments via e-mail to 1900 list members
> is potentially dangerous and irresponsible due to the risk of virus contagion
> as well as in re the hard drive and memory resources wasted all over the world
> in personal computers, isp's and e-mail servers.
>

> janet(te)
> current nerdette-spinnette
> former PARKINSN list ownette and elfette
>
> janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype parkie
> 53 now / 44 dx cd / 43 onset cd / 41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
> TEL: 613 256 8340 SMAIL: PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
> EMAIL: [log in to unmask] URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/

John K.Mier ,Jr
AGE 55 DX 43 ONSET 40