Such great news headlines from Murray and Hans greets us this morning--
--Scientists may be on verge of curing Parkinson's
--Scientists may be on the brink of curing Parkinson's disease using
transplanted embryonic stem cells.
--Embryonic Cells Give Hope for Parkinson's Cure
--Stem cells repair stroke damage
--Stem cell hope for Parkinson's

But they all are clouded by statements such as -"But the researchers, who
revealed details of their work at the annual meeting of the American
Association for the Advancement of Science, may find that political and
ethical obstacles will delay the treatment getting into clinical
trials..." and
"scientists also noted the best hope for curing patients with Parkinson's
disease lies in the lap of the Bush administration."

Now is the time we must get our phone calls, e-mails, letters through to
President Bush, our Senators and Representatives. Also sign the online
peition from the
Massachussetts Genereal Hospital Web Forum
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/stmcll/petition.html
Linda

From an earlier list posting:
HERE'S HOW TO CONTACT THE PRESIDENT:

* BY E-MAIL: [log in to unmask]
(If you would like a personal response to your e-mail be sure to include
your mailing address in your message.)

* BY POSTAL MAIL:
President George W. Bush
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

* BY PHONE:
Voice: 202-456-1414
TTY/TDD: 202-456-6213
Comment Line 202-395-1160
Fax: 202-456-2461

To Sign A Petition Supporting Embryonic And Fetal Stem Cell Research, GO
TO:
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/stmcll/petition.html

To E-mail An Editorial To Your Local Newspaper Or Favorite Magazine, GO
TO:
http://www.mrsmithmedia.com/

To Send E-Mail Or Postal Mail To Your U.S. Senators Or Representative, GO
TO:
http://congress.org/elecmail.html