Hi everyonee,

I am 60 and have had PD for 23 years.  During the last year, after having
a brief improvement by surgery(pallidotomy) ,I have finally decided  to quit
driving.  I had to have my grandchildren tell me that they were afraid to
ride
with me!!  But i do not want to place anyone in danger by my driving,
Believe me,
this is one of th toughest decisions that I have ever had to make because I
have
no one to take to the doctor, etc. But parkinsonians are very resourceful I
have
found over the 23 years I have had PD and somehow I will resolve this
problem.
I have certainly had many scary things happen to me when I knew  I  should't
be driving. Sometimes  I would leave home feeling f ine amd my medication
would suddenly "switch off".  So, I have no accidents or tickets iin the 40
years
since I started driving and I want to  quit while I  am ahead!