> I have some pretty intense feelings and opinions on driving while
> "impaired" and, whether any one else cares to admit it, we are all
> somewhat "impaired" when it comes to driving and Parkinson's.
> At some point one has to admit that their driving skills need to be
> evaluated and then responsibly adopt to that evaluation.

Hi Murray, I agree but, having ridden with an 82yr old driver, I'd
include all seniors. By the way did you know that it is possible, at
least in Sask. to get a driving licence which is very restrictive? My
son had one which limited him to rural roads within 4 km of the farm if
he was driving alone, and numbered highways *only* if his father was
with him.  The fact that his dad slept while Phil drove seemed to worry
only me. The special needs examiner came out to the farm to test him and
was not a bit concerned about his cognitive skills - just whether he
could physically drive. The fact that he would be unable to react
appropriately in emergency situations was of no concern. My point is
that an evaluation of driving skills should include an evaluation of
problem solving and other cognitive skills *as well as* reaction times
etc.
Like you, I have restricted my driving to short trips around town,in
daylight and only on non-snow-covered (hard to find here at this time of
year) roads.
And yes, Murray, your posts are read and appreciated.
Be well, Sylvia