Sid,

I agree; right now, there is such a wide variety of excellent to incompetent
to criminal drivers of every age, and disposition imaginable loose on the
roads.  Most of us, though possibly changed to a degree, are better than the
average--and I use average as not a very high standard--more as the common
denominator.  One would hope that family consensus or close friends would
reason with those who are a danger to themselves or others.  If this
situation doesn't exist, then those of us who are on the roads when we
shouldn't, will be mixed in with a cadre of the driving wounded who shouldn't
be there.  That's life--I'd give what's out there on the road an even lower
score of the ideal, as the lousy voting process nationwide.

Charlotte