A short bedtime story.

That is strange, I have not had to queue since the world war two; I wonder
what they are selling?
Ah! There are two queues the one that I am standing in and one that is a
little to the right of me.
Strange sort of a queue though no one is speaking; every one waiting
patiently as the line of people slowly move forward.
Both of the queues move somehow together as if they are being controlled
like marionettes or puppets; men and women, it makes no difference, they
slowly move along.
They must be selling something good; we seem to be moving a little faster
now the two queues keeping pace with one another, step by step we move along
in the line.
We are approaching a barrier, I cannot see what is on the other side, it
will be my turn soon.
Only another four people in front of me and then I will be through the
barrier.
I look to the left and the right of me strange I can see no faces, what does
it all mean?
I am now at the barrier, good God, this cannot be true!
This is a human slaughter- house, the left barrier are the slaughterers and
the right those to be slaughtered.
I have got to get out of here quick; if I have to die then not like this. I
turn and try to push my way back to the other side of the barrier.
The people push me back I just cannot get through they will not let me
through, they think that it is one big joke. I am trying to fight my way
through them.
Punching and kicking to make myself a passage, but to no avail I cannot get
through, I am too tired! With my last strength I wake up it was just a bad
dream.
I am covered in sweat, my heart is pumping but I am awake. OR am I?

http://members.chello.at/bernard.shaw/poetry.html

http://www.postpoems.com/members/bern/