Janet,

My friend.  I hear your concerns.  I  also live alone and wonder the same
things everyday when I am in an "off" state.  I do own a wheelchair.  It
helps.  Since leaving my non-supportive, uncaring husband I now live in
apartments equipped for the disabled.  They have installed a ramp for me as
well.  They have told me not to even change a ligh bulb.  I have a neighbor
that knows if she hears me banging on the wall that I am in trouble and that
she needs to call for help.  It is a good plan "just in case" .  I know how
important it is for us to be independent.  It has helped me to remain so by
planning ahead.  Also, if there comes a time that I need a live-in
caregiver, my apartment owners will have to give me a two bedroom for that
reason. I wish you all the best Janet.  I know feeling capable and safe
means to us.  Much hope...Sandy

Sandy Norris
www.plwp.org
http://www.plwp.org/sandys_parkie_porch.htm

The joy of the Lord is my strength.

"You will find as you look back on your life that moments when you have
truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of
love."  Henry Drummond