Mary,
There are only two COMT inhibitors on the market. The other one is Tasmar.
Tasmar isn't used too much since the incidences with the three deaths due to
liver damage. In all three there were underlying causes but Roche Labs paid
dearly for it. However, Tasmar is still on the market and being used. the
generic name is tolcapone. Comtan is entacapone. most doctors are prescribing
Comtan due to the fact that Tasmar requires blood testing be done to check the
liver function.
Dave Purdy