janet, that is an terribly improtant question that you have raised and i
have yet to see it at issue anywhere. it certainly seems to me something
we should all be concerned about...even tho my life is filled with
family & friends and a loving spouse...there are the times when i get
them all outta the house and sit back and the thought never occured to
me that at that moment i am certainly more at risk than any other
time.but as my falls & bangs & bruises get more pronounced-now i know
that i must think about what was unthinkable. i think that this subject
requires our attention and it requires it now.
and a bit about the driving...i'm only 49 years old-that's alot of soul
searching for someone who has been brought up with the idea firmly
implanted that "it's not just your car-it's your freedom." i decieded
last year that i will only drive during the daylight hours in my little
town, no more driving jaunts to the big city. and i only drive when i
feel up to it-it's just another part of learning to cope and learning
patience-to sit back & enjoy the ride rather than be the driver. when we
had to take away my dad's keys because of his advancing alzheimer's, i
prayed that i would be more reasonable when it came my turn...only now
can i understand how helpless that it must have made him feel.

-----
Joan E. Blessington Snyder     49/11
http://www.geocities.com/joanbsnyder/
"Hang tough............no way through it but to do it."
    Chris-in-the-Morning  (Northern Exposure)