Hi E
There are adjustable beds that are not hospital beds.......however.....the
important thing to keep in mind is that the hospital bed does raise and lower
the whole mattress and this CAN BE very important to the caregiver to relieve
stress.

I have also found since we got a new mattress (that is much higher than our
old one) that it is much easier to get out of bed......because I am almost
standing when my feet touch the floor.  (Will add the I do feel like I almost
need a fireman's ladder to get in bed!!!!!!!!!)).

Rita 56/11