To be or not to be, a much asked question,
Trying to answer gives me indigestion.
Shakespeare could not imagine that he would drive me insane,
As I try to answer this question again, and again, and again.
To be or not to be, I really wrack my brain,
It is you know similar to some old English refrain.
Asked in medieval English complicates it a lot,
I myself think that it is part of some insidious plot.
Many Scholars know not what it means,
When they read about Shakespeare's Kings and Queens.
A question such as this in the University of life,
Could cause much trouble, unnecessary strife.
What was his ulterior motive as wrote this very line,
To be or not to be was he full of table wine.
Where is the logic in this question I ask?
To try to answer it is a very complicated task.
I cannot ask the children they would not understand,
As I ponder on those words my brain turns to sand.
Mr. Shakespeare enlighten me if you please,
You have driven plenty of people down on to their knees.
To be or not to be that is here the question.
And you know it is still giving me indigestion.
                                                    Bernard Shaw

http://members.chello.at/bernard.shaw/poetry.html

http://www.postpoems.com/members/bern/