Many years ago when I was seeing one of the doctors  at the movement
disorder clinic
in Toronto  he mentioned a small study they had just finished  They had
asked  clinic patients about shoulder problems such as pain  and
stiffness in the years before PD was diagnosed. They were very surprised
at the number of PWP who had such problems.

Since then I have asked many  PWP if they had needed treatment for
shoulder pain and
 a surprising number said yes.

I don't know if any such research has been written up in a medical
journal.  Perhaps one of the great hunters could do a search.

Anne Rutherford