Dear Listmembers, Mike Claeys from the Parkinsons Actioni Network asked that this be relayed to you. Mary Yost (one of many Marys), 52,diagnosed 1990 ArialA MESSAGE FROM DATELINE NBC Friday 2/16/01 On Sunday, February 25th, 2001, "Dateline NBC" will broadcast an important story that you and others touched by Parkinson's Disease may find interesting. If your organization has a webpage or an E-newsletter, we encourage you to include the information below. Thank you for your interest. Dateline NBC ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ JANE PAULEY TALKS WITH MICHAEL J. FOX ABOUT PARKINSON'S DISEASE IN PART II OF A TWO-PART REPORT ON 'DATELINE NBC' SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 25TH. Last week on "Dateline," Michael J. Fox told Jane Pauley he's happier now, than he was before he was diagnosed with Parkinson's. According to Fox, Parkinson's has given him an entirely new outlook on life, as well as a tremendous passion to help save the world from the disease. "I didn't have this passion when my biggest concern was how big my Winnebago was orŠwhether or not this movie was going to do as well as the last movieŠ," Fox tells Pauley. In the second part of his interview with Pauley, being broadcast on "Dateline" on Sunday February 25th, we go behind the scenes with Fox at the Michael J. Fox Foundation as he works side-by-side with scientists and fund-raisers, battling to find a cure for Parkinson's. One particular cure Fox believes to be quite promising involves implanting stem cells into the brain, but the source of these stem cells, human embryos, touches a sensitive political nerve in Washington. This prompted Fox, a native Canadian, to become a U.S. citizen, and in November he voted in the U.S. Presidential election for the first time in his life. Although he has not made a personal plea for help to the President, Fox tells Pauley that, if given the chance, he would say to President Bush, "You have the opportunity within four yearsŠto oversee the cure of major disease. And that's a tremendous legacy." You won't want to miss this important interview. # # #