This story was originally posted by Judith Richards on May 25, 1999. It mentioned the name of the man who volunteered for the experiment, as well as Dr. Levesque at Cedars-Sinai. I always wondered what the outcome was. Now I know the rest of the story. But I am surprised that no American publications ever followed it up.

Ann Gibbons

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Dawkins Parkinson's Australia <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 6:33 AM
Subject: Re: Australian Newspaper cites Parkinson's Cure Hope

----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask]>Barbara Mallut
To: [log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 8:55 PM

I followed up on the story, as it was mainly carried in the tabloid press.  It was originally presented by the Spinal Cord Society about a year ago when they brought a couple of neurologists to Australia, and Dr. Michael Levesque, a neurosurgeon. the spinal cord people said that we Parkinson's people would be the biggest beneficiaries of the research.  I am surprised I hadn't heard anymore until now. Does anyone know of this doctor?