http://www.geocities.com/chycasavant/

Travels With Parkinson's
Talk-radio With a Purpose

Talk-radio?

Travels With Parkinson's is a weekly talk-radio show broadcast live on the
air and on the World Wide Web.

I am the host, Leonard Casavant, also known as "Chy" and I have had
Parkinson's disease for 10 years.

Join me while I travel through cyberspace to talk with others who are
involved with Parkinson's.

With a Purpose?

Yes, three of them.

Raise awareness and understanding of Parkinson's disease. Fund the
research. Find the cure.

Who Will Be On Your Show This Week?

Week Number 30 (!)

On Sunday 25 February 2001 our guest hosts will be

Gregory Wasson, petition author (aka GregM of the the MGH neurology
webforums) and

Lynn Fielder Parkinson Alliance Advisory Board Member "The convergence of
her abortion rights advocacy and the promise of scientific breakthroughs
using fetal tissue or stem cells has led Lynn to become a national
spokesperson in this arena."

Who Else Has Been On Your Show?

We have been honoured by many People With Parkinson's (PWP) as well as
care-givers, medical professionals, parkinson organisation advocates all
actively pursuing our shared goals.

For details, including links to any World Wide Web sites affiliated with
our guests, see the Programme Schedule.

What Kind of Feedback Have You Heard From Listeners?

We've had some very encouraging feedback take a look!

In the meantime (Tue, 6 Feb 2001 22:10:40), Len aka Chy says: "... radio
station thinks between 300 to 700 hits for broadcasts. Blows me away!

What shows are you planning for the future?

How about a Talk-radio Telethon to mark the World Parkinson's Awareness
Month of April?

How about talking with the founders of a fledgling Parkinson Society
stretching its wings in Maine?

Take a look at our (tentative schedule)! future link! Send ideas! Send money!

How Can I Hear the Shows Live?

Listen via the World Wide Web and your computer to live streamaudio of
these shows at: Renaissance Radio

Radio                                    Call-In Phone Station
Location      Local Time       Numbers

KFNX-AM       Phoenix,      Sundays at    602-277-5369 1100       Arizona,
USA    6:00 pm PST   866-277-5369

WALE-AM      Providence,    Sundays at    401-621-9253 990       Rhode
Island,   9:00 pm EST   866-277-5369 USA

How Can I Hear Tapes of the Shows Later?

Recorded tapes of all shows will be converted to MP3 sound files, for
storage in our archives.

You will then be able to either listen to them as they download or save
them on your computer's hard drive for listening at your convenience!

Where Are the Archives?

Links to the archived MP3 sound files for each programme are in the
Programme Schedule.

Who Has Helped With This Project?

The Parkinson Alliance
The Department of Neurology at Massachusetts General Hospital
People Living With Parkinson's(PLWP)
The Parkinson Unity Walk
BrainTalk

What's New?

How Is This Project Being Funded?

Through donations from people like you and me. (See the latest gauntlet aka
Challenge recently tossed by Jimmie 'Toad' Turner!) I am constantly seeking
sponsors to ensure that the show goes on! The shows started on 2000/08/06,
and will keep on going as long as the interest and support is out there.
The air time for each weekly show costs US$200.00. This is an all-volunteer
non-profit endeavour. All donations are tax deductible.

Whom Can I Contact?

Leonard "Chy" Casavant
115 Cross Street
Hudson, Michigan, 49247
USA
Phone: 517-448-7752
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
WebSite: Travels With Parkinson's

wwwebspinner since 2001/01/29
Search:
Updated: 2001/02/23
Documents: 5
Visitors: 159

This BrainTalk Communities WebRing site is owned by Leonard 'Chy' Casavant

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype parkie
53 now / 44 dx cd / 43 onset cd / 41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 SMAIL: PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/