hi all

At 08:26 2001/02/24 -0700,
either Patricia Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
or Patricia Lewis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>------=_NextPart_000_00B5_01C09E3B.6BAE0680
>
>to those of you who are having trouble with sleeping, this is what works =
>for me: i purchased a used 2-person hottub a few years ago.  whenever i =
>wake at night i hop in and soak for 10-15 minutes - sometimes a couple =
>times a night.  103-4 degrees.  loosens me up and i can get back to =
>sleep for awhile - plus it feels good.  my old hottub broke and i'm out =
>of commission for now.  not only does it feel good, i can watch the =
>shooting stars and relax. i may not get more sleep, but i get better =
>sleep - and an afternoon nap fits in there too.
>
>i used to get furious when i couldn't sleep.  getting uptight only makes =
>it worse.  i think people have to realize that this is the way it is and =
>you have to create ways to deal around it.  of course not everyone is in =
>a place - physically or economically - that can have a hottub (hot =
>shower?).  come on over and join me.  maybe it is time to buy a new =
>bigger one - there's an idea.
>
>bea
>(mr.) burdette e anderson

i think a warm bath or a warm glass of milk
are known for their soporific effect
at much lower cost

other tips include establishing a regular sleep routine
and minimising napping through the day

any serious (long term) disturbance to one's sleep pattern
i.e. not enough sleep or too much sleep
is a primary indicator of clinical depression
(which should be GREAT news to anyone - since it is curable!
- unlike parkinson's disease!)

janet

ps
i suggest setting your e-mail software to
NO MIME  and NO MULTI-PART MESSAGES and plain 7-bit ASCII text

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype parkie
53 now / 44 dx cd / 43 onset cd / 41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 SMAIL: PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/