Hi, Everyone,

Today is catch-up day for me, and I've bits and pieces on my mind.

Sandy, I'm really sorry you've been having to experience such frustrations.
I, too, agree that you should speak to the doctor and not wait so long for
another appointment.

Something else occurred to me.  We know that MedMD's definition is
incorrect.  We also know that this PD/PD+ "charmer" that walks with us like
a gooey shadow affects each of us differently.  However, I venture to guess
that the majority of us wouldn't hesitate to CRY, YELL, and SCREAM  that
pain is an integral part of our existences.  Tough if some neuros/md's
aren't tuned in enough to recognize it.  Think of how slowly the wheels of
understanding turn!  Think of how old reference books are!

Then I got to thinking, Sandy, that in the past couple of weeks, we've
signed petitions to President Bush, and, hopefully, mailed the Laureates'
Letter to our senators and representatives.  Why not send a "petition or
letter of reality" to MedMD to be signed by those who wish to sign it. It
just seems to me that all the comments that have been shared about the
reality of pain should go further than PIEN.  Just something to think about.
--------------------

Murray, if I understand this correctly, Jim is part of a red-carpet
committee to study the feasibility of more widespread Xenotransplantation.
This is followed by the post indicating Bush's budget's intended increase
to NIH.
Do I have reason to be suspicious?
--------
John Rothman, talk show host, KGO, San Francisco, has really been pushing
for stem cell research.
----------------

And finally, advice requested:

This morning I had a conversation with a 55-year-old woman who has had PD,
if I remember correctly, since '96.  She's on Requip and is still working
though she mentioned that symptoms are increasing(heart problems,
hypotension are also in her basket).

Right now, she feels rather lost(don't we know that feeling).  During the
holidays, her husband of 35 years made it very clear that he wanted no part
of her, and she is not only frightened by the prospects of losing the
foundation
under her feet, she is terribly frightened that her only insurance which is
through her husband's job will be lost(she thinks he may not be working at
his job much longer).  She, herself,  has worked for the same company for
23 years, and they have never offered any type of insurance.  As a matter
of fact, she is now seeking other employment but has trepidations because
of PD.

Her children and her mother are close to her, and while she fears that she
will lose everything, she knows she will have a roof over her head.  What's
happening now is the realization that after 35 years of being wife, mother,
etc., she has nothing of financial means.

It would be easy to go back in time or to admonish about lack of
independence, changes that should have been made at least jobwise years
ago.  It's too late .  and would accomplish nothing.  This woman is aware
of the mistakes she's made in her own behalf.  Other than a need for an
attorney, let's take her from here.  What are  your recommendations?
Gratefully,
E of the headdress