From: Greg/Diane Nicolaou [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2001 8:32 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: New Parkinsons Patient

I was diagnosised with Parkinsons Disease just two weeks ago (49 yr old
female) after noticing a change in my walk/gait for the past year untill i
was almost unable to walk and sought treatment. Not many other synptoms
except balance and coordination,  I shake or tremble inwardly but it is not
visable.  Yet.  Here are some questions i have.

I wake  up several times a night with nightmares, screamming, kicking,
punching etc, etc, etc. and have for approx 3 years.  The Dr. I saw at the
Univ.of Mich said this is part of the P.D.  Do others experiance this?
Sinemet seems not to have helped that maybe made it worse althought my walk
has MUCH improved on sinemet.  The Sinemet causes my armpits to be VERY
uncomfortable- hurt!  I have never experianced this before-Is that common?

I would like to find or start a support group in my Northern Michigan
area-any help there?

Thank-you.    DN