Edith-- I strongly advise her to seek professional counseling to help deal
with her feelings and sport out her options. A lawyer is important, for
sure--but the other areas are just as important for her and  depending on
where she lives there will be resources available that don't require
insurance coverage or an arm and a leg---she can check her local phone book
for social agencies, mental health cliniucs, etc, most of which should have
a "sliding scale" for fees,based on income.  There must be longterm issues
here as well as the immediate crisis, and she needs all the help she can
get. Thanks to you for being at her side.....

Edith wrote in part:

>And finally, advice requested:
SNIPPED
>Right now, she feels rather lost(don't we know that feeling).  During the
>holidays, her husband of 35 years made it very clear that he wanted no part
>of her, and she is not only frightened by the prospects of losing the
>foundation
>under her feet, she is terribly frightened that her only insurance which is
>through her husband's job will be lost(she thinks he may not be working at
>his job much longer).  She, herself,  has worked for the same company for
>23 years, and they have never offered any type of insurance.  As a matter
>of fact, she is now seeking other employment but has trepidations because
>of PD.
SNIPPED
 This woman is aware
>of the mistakes she's made in her own behalf.  Other than a need for an
>attorney, let's take her from here.  What are  your recommendations?
>Gratefully,
>E of the headdress

        Camilla Flintermann

        On PDWebring at : http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm