Hello folks, Special words that the listserv looks for are included in
several of your postings. To: From: and Subject: are reserved words. If
they are not quoted ie a < preceding them there is a strong likelihood the
listserv will not deliver the message to the 1900 members.

The simple way to avoid this error is to delete the person's To: From: and
Subject: lines of the posting from your reply to Parkinsn. Check the
preferences for your email program for replying and uncheck the box for
including headers in replies. The header contains the forbidden words.

***Do you need to change your email address?

Send the following appropriate command to the listserv at:

change parkinsn YourOLDaddress YourNEWaddress

Acknowledgement will be sent to both addresses.

***Have you quit receiving messages from Parkinsn and wonder why?

Send the following command to the listserv at:

query parkinsn

The acknowledgement message will send you your mail settings if you are
still subscribed and if you are not, it will say so. If you have not
emptied your mailbox lately by picking up your mail, we might have set your
subscription to nomail. Every message sent to the list will generate an
error message to me if your mailbox is full.

If you change ISPs use the CHANGE command above to correct your address
with the listserv.

If all else fails email me and I will cheerfully fix it.

If you are just wondering if the listserv is working send the query
parkinsn command. Don't worry you can't overwork the listserv.

*****Would you like to know your message was received and forwarded at the
listserv?

Send the command:

set parkinsn ack

To the listserv:

You will receive an acknowledgement message when your postings are
distributed to the list.

You can also look at P-I-E-N-O for your message in the list of the last 500
messages to parkinsn. It will be at or near the top.

http://parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com/maillist.html

***"I have not received any replies to my posting"

Todays email will not be received by those that receive their mail by the
digest method until tomorrow. The digest are sent after midnight Toronto
time to those so subscribed.

***More on quoting

It isn't desired or necessary to quote the entire message you are following
up on unless it is short.

Example:

>I had DBS but somehow lost my dentures. I never go anywhere without
>them and my dog will not let me in the house unless I can smile.

My husband on the other hand says it makes me look cute.

>I had DBS but somehow lost my dentures.

I know how you felt kid...I lost my ear rings.

Try to use brevity when quoting. :)

                   Online Subscription help available by MSN Messenger
                  [log in to unmask] or ICQ 2376159
John Cottingham