Friends-- at our internist's today I saw a notice of a new program which
may be of interest:

The American Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeCare America National Eye Care
Project
If you are a US citizen or legal resident, age 65 or older, and have not
had a medical eye exam in the past 3 years, you may qualify  for ....this
National Eye Care Project (NECP).  This matches qualified persons with a
volunteer ophthalmologist in their area who has agreed to provide a
comprehensive medical eye exam and up to one year of follow-up care for any
condition diagnosed at the initial exam. with no out-of-pocket expense to
you.
Your deductible and co-payment are waived, and Medicare is accepted as
payment in full.
Call the NECP's Helpline at 1-800-222EYES (3937) 24 hours a day, 7 days a
week for more information.

They also advise diabetics to call the American Optometric Association's
Diabetes Hot Line at 1-800-262-3937, 8:00AM-8:00PM, Monday through Friday.
Those with financial need may have  Medicare charges waived, as above.

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 82/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

           on the web at  http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm
           and also at  http://www.geocities.com/camillahf/index.html

               "Ask me about the CARE list for Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "
           And visit the CARE webring at
http://www.crosswinds.net/~caregivers/index.html