I've had stranger ideas...but listen to this one...

Suppose those Nobel Laureates asking Bush not to block U.S. funding for
studies falls on deaf ears

Suppose President Bush maintains his position for the next 4 years...or
eight years if he's re-elected.

As the post that Judith said, "Mouse studies point toward cure for
Parkinson's disease. McKay and Isacson said researchers are almost ready
to test the
technique in humans, but social and political issues must be resolved
before that step can be taken in the United States. "

"At the same time, McKay said it may happen soon in Britain, France or
the Netherlands, as those countries are adopting policies to advance
embryonic stem cell research. "

If the cure happens in England or France or The Netherlands or
Australia, then that's where we'll have to go or else dilly-dally with
US politics/politicians while times runs out for many.

Are Parkinson groups looking into assisting their members in going where
people could receive the treatment as soon as it is available...which
could be years before it is available in the US?

I think the Parkinson Alliance and the NPF and other Parkinson
organizations need to be looking world wide and support the most
promising research where ever it might be and look into setting up
liasons in other countries so that prompt treatment will be available
for ALL Parkies when the cure is found.

Well I'm actually serious....I think that the NPF should be looking into
a "back up plan"...trying to sign petitions to get this President to
change his mind is fine as long as it's not the only plan .....if this
embryonic stem cell research results in a sucessful treatment and a way
to safely replace needed dopamine producing cells into the brains of
Parkies and cure Parkinsons ...it's needed NOW...

I've met Margaret Tuchman and Hiliary Blue and Bill Heit ...so many others...
they don't have time for any delays...If a powerful organization like
NPF or PA
went public with a plan to co-ordinate an  "Exodus" ship to Europe in an
effort to save our loved ones, I believe it would emphasize the
seriousness and urgency of this "political" discussion....think about
it...If nothing else it should embarrass our leaders into seeing the
issue from another perspective...I've had stranger ideas...I sure would
take my sister
Edna to Europe for  a cure for Parkinson's but I'd need a whole lot of
help to make the connections and to get it all arranged...a network
would need to be
in place. What do others think?

Hugs, Gail