nancy,

md prescribed detrol for me also.  i found it made me veryyyyy sleepy.  md said that was not a side effect but a search on the net found that it can be.  also, it didn't help.  cranberry pills have been wonderful.  they have extended the 'need' from every two hours to 3 or 4 hours and eased the urgency problem.  walgreens has them in capsule form.  my pharmacy also has them cheaper but they are little balls and bounce and roll all over.  sometimes i have to chase themdown.  :)