Cecil,
my PD became well defined at the age of 36 but went misdiagnosed for the next
six years. I was a pharmacist which was very stressful. After being diagnosed at
the age of 42, I continued to work for another 3 years. I was then 45. I am now
59 and still going strong. I am involved. I give about 60 talks on PD every
year. Work as long as you can and, after you do retire, don't quit. Remember
this...winners don't quit and quitters don't win. Believe in yourself, and, if
you are married, don't think of  your wife as your caregiver. Think of her as
your partner...your PRECIOUS PARKINSON PARTNER. Do thing together starting right
now because today is the first day of the rest o your life. Start it off right.
Dave Purdy