Diane,
They both have the same total amount of each drug. However, the 25-100 plain one
is released all at one time and wears off relatively quickly...probably gone
within at least 3 hours. On the other hand, the 25/100 CR has a smaller portion
of it released in the beginning and the rest gradually broken down over perhaps
6 hours or less. Why did they change it? Were you needing it  soon after the
dose was taken? Was it not lasting very long? Personally, I can't take the CR. I
get dyskinetic and it lasts for a long time. I take permax and Sinemet
together...1/2 of each of them every 1 1/2 hours. That dosage has been ideal for
me. You will just have to try the CR and see how it does. Give a fair chance to
derive full benefits then make you decision as to the best of the two. You may
have head that Sinemet doesn't work after 8 yrs or so. Well, I've been on it
since 1984 (18 years) and it is still going fine. Good luck...mayyou have some
great days ahead.
Dave