Ervin,

Juanita had all the facts in her post. One thing to be careful about is
to make sure the neuro will be willing to write a justification letter
if your insurance requires it. The neuro that prescribed mine moved from
the area before my claim was processed. My new neuro refused to write a
justification letter insisting that she could cure the pain with
medication. Anyway, I ended up shelling out $425 out of my pocket to
keep the unit. I think these units are now up to about $700 now, but the
manufacturer may cut you a break if you are paying for it yourself.

Once you get the device you'll need to experiment with the different
stimulation parameters to see which one bring relief. I find the pattern
that slowly increases the intensity over an interval, resets to 0 and
repeats is the most effective.

There are no guarantees, but it's worth a shot.

Phil Gesotti 51/dx46