Get this; WebMD quoted "Dyskinesia is not painful, but it is very distressing." HELLLLLOOOOOO!!!!! Distress in my encarta dictionary has the definition of distress as being "pain and suffering of the mind and body". Do they think I or anyone does not see the absurdity to their statement. When the parkinsonian's body starts the transition of going from being "off" to dyskinetic it is literally like a rollercoaster ride.

Sandy, I agree with you and am equally distressed when I hear pharmacists and neurologists insist that dyskinesia is a mere annoyance.  My husband is at the greatest risk for falling and choking when he's dyskinetic.  Watching his extreme erratic movements makes me fear that he might have a coronary or stroke.  In fact, I've often wondered how many PD victims have died in the throws of dyskinesia - we may never know.

-----

God bless

Mary Ann (CG Jamie 61/21)