From: [log in to unmask]>William Taggart
To: [log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2001 4:15 PM
Subject: Re: New Parkinsons Patient

Diane,

I also started punching in the night, my wife had to move to a different bed for a while...:-)....  It lasted about 6 months and that has pretty much gone now.

If you're not shaking badly, why are you taking Sinemet?  I've been shaking for three years and am not taking any such med. yet.....  I'm holding off until it's really needed.  It has myriad side effects, some of which get worse over the years of using it... Sinemet doesn't slow down the disease and, for many, the useful time for using Sinemet has a limit.

I'm hoping that by delaying long enough that my body won't be reacting too badly to the Sinemet before I can get a stem cell transplant....   Have you discussed aa strategy like this with your neuro.?

Bill
PWP
New Jersey