I was diagnosed two and a half years ago--not age 58.  Not on meds.  My dream life is much more vivid than it used to be.  More nightmares too, but don't seem as bad as yours.

Good luck.
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask]>Greg/Diane Nicolaou
To: [log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2001 7:31 AM
Subject: New Parkinsons Patient

I was diagnosised with Parkinsons Disease just two weeks ago (49 yr old female) after noticing a change in my walk/gait for the past year untill i was almost unable to walk and sought treatment. Not many other synptoms except balance and coordination,  I shake or tremble inwardly but it is not visable.  Yet.  Here are some questions i have.

I wake  up several times a night with nightmares, screamming, kicking, punching etc, etc, etc. and have for approx 3 years.  The Dr. I saw at the Univ.of Mich said this is part of the P.D.  Do others experiance this?  Sinemet seems not to have helped that maybe made it worse althought my walk has MUCH improved on sinemet.  The Sinemet causes my armpits to be VERY uncomfortable- hurt!  I have never experianced this before-Is that common?

I would like to find or start a support group in my Northern Michigan area-any help there?

Thank-you.    DN