I'm just going to jump on in here.  Signed my husband up today for this listserv.  My husband is Burdette E. Anderson.  He has had parkinsons for about 17 years - he is now 51 years young and not at all interested in giving up.  His first pallidotomy was performed in Seattle in 1997 - an incredible 9 hour surgery.  Symptoms have progressed this last year so we're going for another pallidotomy - this time at the Loma Linda Medical Center with Dr. Iacono on March 14.  We live and work in Montana so will take a long road trip and maybe go to Disneyland afterwards.

Anyway, this seems to be a very active list.  We seem to be at a loss for people in our "boat" so to speak - at our remote and lightly populated area.  We'd like to be here to share our experience with pallidotomy et al and are very interested in hearing about others who have had pallidotomy and how they are holding up.

We'll keep an eye on the incoming messages - thanks!

Pat, for Burdette

Burdette E. Anderson
PO Box 67
Boulder MT  59632