Topic:  "thanks" to john and "listen up" to all!
Author: janet313313
Date:   March 01, 2001 08:26 AM

hi john

this is a great idea!

there are so many issues which we all face which are not
limited to "our own special (dis)abilities"

for instance, i suddenly had concerns recently about fire
safety at home when i am not "on", or mobile; but this
concern can't be unique to those of us with parkinson's;
it would be most helpful to be able to share information
- and here you are with a forum precisely for that purpose!

the stem cell issue and petition is a perfect example;
it's much much bigger than simply one 'illness' or
'disease' - we have seen the cross-pollination in
different forums (fora?) already

to that end, leonard 'chy' casavant (of the parkinson's
forum) has set this sunday's talk-radio show to be the
third one in a series about the on-line stem cell petition.

his guests will be greg (GregM) wasson from the PD forum
and linda (linda5) griffith from the ALS forum, both of
whom are active activists and vocal advocates for their
respective causes!

so don't miss it:
Travels With Parkinson's -
Talk-radio With a Purpose:
http://www.geocities.com/chycasavant/

janet

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype parkie
53 now / 44 dx cd / 43 onset cd / 41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 SMAIL: POBox 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/

IP: Logged

These forums are owned and maintained by the
Department of Neurology at Massachusetts General Hospital
Webspinner/Community Manager - John Lester