At 09:23 2001/03/05 -0000, Greg Leeman wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I did not see the earlier post about xanax.  I used it quite successfully
>for panic attacks and anxiety.  They (the doctors at Maine Medical Center)
>told me it affected my symptoms of PD (Worsened them).  I did not feel the
>worsening I have with resperdal. But they gave me clonazepam instead.  It
>works almost as well, but I don't see much of a sleep benefit that xanax had
>given me.  And you know us PWP's, don't sleep at night, but nap during the
>day.  Does anyone know what seroquel offers?  It supposedly would quell
>psychoses without worsening PD symptoms.
>
>I am of sound mind these days, well mostly. But, it takes a lot of hard work
>and effort to coordinate psychiatric medications with Parkinson's meds.  I
>say that almost tongue and cheek, because I don't know many sane PWP's after
>the first couple of stages. I have spent a great deal of time with Ivan in
>the previous 2 years to this one, and we often joked that we were both
>mental. It is something that deserves more attention.  I am living proof of
>that.
>
>Janet, if you have any article pertaining to speach therapy, would you
>please repost them.
>
>Just some ramblings!
>
>Greg Leeman 40/30/28

ramble on...

it's great to hear from you

off now more later

janet
janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype parkie
53 now / 44 dx cd / 43 onset cd / 41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
TEL: 613 256 8340 SMAIL: PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
EMAIL: [log in to unmask] URL: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/