Greg..re your email re advocate for Ivan....here's
what I could find about Rhode Island PD support groups when I used the Copernic
2000 ....I 've been gone most of the day so just had time to do it...maybe you
could contact one of the three and see what they could do...the first one
ADPA is  in  Pawtauckett and their mission statements says  they
provide advocacy for Rhode Islanders ...maybe they could help with Ivan on an
emergency basis...and I'm not sure how close to him the other two groups
are...and thanks for being his friend....Joan Hartman

1)  The American Parkinson Disease
Association, Inc (APDA) www.apdaparkinson.com  has provided a
grant to the APDA Information and Referral Center in Rhode Island since 1982.
The Center is located at the Memorial Hospital of RI www.mhri.org/  .
Joseph H Friedman, MD is the
Medical Director

Kathryn A Cullen, RN, MS is the
Coordinator

For more information, please call 401-729-3165 or
write to:

APDA I R Center
Memorial Hospital of RI

111 Brewster St
Pawtucket, RI 02860

The Mission of the APDA I R Center is to
provide:

Information on Parkinson's disease (PD), its
management, local resources, current research and strategies to live with
PD.

Support for those living with PD and for those who
care for them.

Increased public awareness of PD.

Advocacy for those Rhode Islanders living with
PD.

Advice for the all-volunteer RI Chapter of the APDA
www.oso.com/community/groups/apdari/

You may also learn more by leaving your name,
mailing address, telephone number and question at Email: [log in to unmask]

or by contacting:

RI Chapter of the APDA
PO Box 1265

Coventry, RI 02816

 2)Newport County Parkinson's Disease Support
Group
2 Linden Street
Middletown, RI 02842
William J. Nash -