Greg..re your email re advocate for Ivan....here's what I could find about Rhode Island PD support groups when I used the Copernic 2000 ....I 've been gone most of the day so just had time to do it...maybe you could contact one of the three and see what they could do...the first one ADPA is  in  Pawtauckett and their mission statements says  they provide advocacy for Rhode Islanders ...maybe they could help with Ivan on an emergency basis...and I'm not sure how close to him the other two groups are...and thanks for being his friend....Joan Hartman

1)  The American Parkinson Disease Association, Inc (APDA) www.apdaparkinson.com has provided a grant to the APDA Information and Referral Center in Rhode Island since 1982. The Center is located at the Memorial Hospital of RI www.mhri.org/ .
Joseph H Friedman, MD is the Medical Director
Kathryn A Cullen, RN, MS is the Coordinator
For more information, please call 401-729-3165 or write to:
APDA I&R Center
Memorial Hospital of RI
111 Brewster St
Pawtucket, RI 02860
The Mission of the APDA I&R Center is to provide:
Information on Parkinson's disease (PD), its management, local resources, current research and strategies to live with PD.
Support for those living with PD and for those who care for them.
Increased public awareness of PD.
Advocacy for those Rhode Islanders living with PD.
Advice for the all-volunteer RI Chapter of the APDA www.oso.com/community/groups/apdari/
You may also learn more by leaving your name, mailing address, telephone number and question at Email: [log in to unmask]
or by contacting:
RI Chapter of the APDA
PO Box 1265
Coventry, RI 02816

 2)Newport County Parkinson's Disease Support Group
2 Linden Street
Middletown, RI 02842
William J. Nash - 401-846-7321
Nancy Casimiro - 401-253-6675