The AARP has a little booklet, "Tools and Gadgets for Independent Living",
which  is available from them--  AARP, 601 E. Street NW, Washington, DC
20049
        www.aarp.org/programs/connect

There is lotsof helpful contact info for special situations , which I can't
include here.
Here are some of the entries useful to PWPs and CGs
         CATALOGS  FOR Activities of Daily Living  RESOURCES:

SEARS,ROEBUCK & CO.
PO box 804203   Chicago, IL  60680-4203
http://www.sears.com/specat/homecat.htm#HOME
        A home health care catalog with a comprehensive assortment of
health care products

JCPenney
POBox 2021  Milwaukee,WI  53201
800-222-6161 (voice)
http:/?www.jcpenney.com
        publishes FOR YOUR SPECIAL NEEDS, catalog featuring health care
items, exercise                                 equipment, beds, bath aids,
easy-dressing fashions for men and women

Maddak, Inc.
6 Industrial Rd,   Pequannock,NJ  07440
973-628-7600 (voice)
973-305-0841 (fax)
http://www.maddak.com
email: [log in to unmask]
        manufactures products for independent living, has ABLEWARE catalog

MOMS (Mail Order Medical Supply)
24700 Avenue Rockefeller   Valencia,CA 91355
800-232-7443 (voice)
http://www.momsup.com
        catalog with many items for daily living

Health-Center.com
http://www/healthguide.com/
        website offering information about eating utensils,dressing aids,
wheelchairs, canes, walkers---click on Senior Center, then on Personal Care
and Mobility

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 82/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

           on the web at  http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm
           and also at  http://www.geocities.com/camillahf/index.html

               "Ask me about the CARE list for Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "
           And visit the CARE webring at
http://www.crosswinds.net/~caregivers/index.html