>Since the accepted goal of all the current drug therapies is not yet
>a cure, but rather the best attainable "quality of life", the most
>welcome innovation would be an accurate and reliable indicator, such
>as the icy-hands phenomenon, that would permit one to take just barely
>enough medication to keep the system in balance, but not a bit more.

This brings up a question I've had for some time. Why not deliver
Sinnemet (or apomorphine?) using something like an insulin pump? The
insulin pump is a small device that is worn around the waist,
removable, and delivers a slow, steady trickle of insulin
subcutaneously. The user can control the rate of delivery, as well as
give "booster" shots when needed. Why wouldn't something like this be
a good idea for PD meds?
- Herb