Bruce,

Step one is make an appointment with a urologist who deals with
neurologic disorders, second pick up a pack of Depends for Men and
protect your dignity [and cloths]. There are medicines that can help
with bladder incontinence  ...Ditropan, Cystospaz are two I'm familiar
with and there are many more depending on the EXACT cause of the
incontinence...and there are 3-4 causes
 [ from spasms, to overflow] and different drugs to help depending on
the mechanism involved.

A good urologist will run a couple of tests first to correctly diagnose specifically
how to solve your problem....make a record of times a day that you void,
amount of fluid intake you have, time that you are incontinent...give
him some specifics to work with...and DON'T limit your fluid intake for
fear of slipping and embrassing yourself...dehydration will lead you to
worse problems!

Hang in there buddy,
Gail Vass, RN.

 "B. Bruce Anderson" wrote:
Last year there was some discussion on the List about this problem.  I put
in that I had it infrequently, and that I could control it with the
force of
my own will.  Well - no more.  Yesterday three times and today once I didn't
make it to the bathroom on time.  What a degrading and depressing turn of
events.  I'm afraid to go out now.

My question is, what was the result of that discussion?  Did anyone come up
with a solution, a drug perhaps?

Thanks,
BBA