> jjjane
>
> Jane Ross wrote:
> >
> > My daughter is having a baby in a couple of weeks and she has been asked
> > if she wants to freeze her umbilical blood. Can someone tell me how it would
> > be used in research?
> >

> it would not necessarily go for research

<<<<<<<<<<  snip  >>>>>>>>>>>>>

check this out
now where is th 'merican company?

INFANT STEM CELLS TO BE STORED AS SAFEGUARD AGAINST FUTURE ILLNESS
A company is to launch a service in Britain storing infants' stem cells as
a safeguard against future potentially fatal diseases, according to a
report in the Observer newspaper on Sunday.
http://transplantation.medscape.com/34290.rhtml?srcmp=tran-030201

                                 Ray Strand
                             Prairie Sky Design
 -----------------(   on  the Edge of the Prairie Abyss  )---------------