  -----Original Message-----
  From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of : Kate Yamokoski
  Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 2:57 AM
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Subject: Re: Greg and pallidotomy

  Greg,
  I was reading something you posted a while ago where you mentioned having
  2nd pallidotomy this past summer.  Would you mind sharing about your
history?
   I noticed that you are only 40 and have had this disease since you were
28.
  Did you take Sinemet?  My husband is 48, dx. 3 years ago, and is fearful
of
  Sinemet. He's been on several dopamine agonists and Symmetril and
Selegaline.
  His major problem is rigidity with muscle spasm and imbalance. I think
we're
  both afraid that he might not benefit from Sinemet and if not, there's not
  much they can do at this point, until stem cell replacement someday,
  hopefully. We're also fearful of dyskenesias from Sinemet and I'm just
  fearful cuz the disease seems to really be progressing.
  Any input is helpful. Thank you,
  Kate