. I say "formally," because I have had some symptoms for some
> time, but whenever I saw my neurologist, he was not sufficiently convinced
> that the symptoms were those of PD.  Being 64 years old, going on 65, he
> felt that the symptoms could be those of old age (as brain cells die due
> age, the resulting  deterioration shows itself in the  symptoms that could
> be associated with Parkinson's).

Nilo, the statement about your symptoms being attributable to 'old age'
caught my eye.  Someone needs to tell your neuro that 65 is *not* old.  I'm
shocked by his lack of concern for your symptoms.  My first reaction to his
attitude was that you should look for a new neurologist.  Throwing Sinemet
at you  to get rid of you shows that this doctor is not going to be very
attuned to other problems that might occur down the road.

As a medical nurse I routinely take care of 80,90 and even 100 year old
patients who live alone, drive and function quite well.  Take note: if
you've been healthy all of your life and then develop abnormal symptoms of
any kind, *regardless of your age*, insist that your doctor explore the
cause of those symptoms.  Just cuz someone is 90 does not mean that they
should  accept suffering as the norm.  Sometimes annoying symptoms can be
alleviated by simple interventions, regardless of one's age.
------
God bless
Mary Ann