Wonderful information Murray. I would like to see this type analysis on costs to
patients and families.

I compiled the following data, which summarizes much of what you presented, as
part of my presentation to the EPDA in Nov.2000.
(see: http://www.parkinsonscare.org/EPDA/slide6.html.)

According to NIH figures, the years prior to Udall, PD budgets increased
moderately about 5% a year, but in the 2 years after the law the PD research
effort increased 22% a year.

             '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99  '00 '01  '02  '03  '04  '05
PD Actual 69 72 77  89 109 132 158
PD Plan                                     229 302 355 406 444
                             ^
                           Udall

If the plan is fully implemented, research budgets will increase substantially
above previous trends even accounting for efforts to double NIH overall over 5
years