From: Camilla Flintermann <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: 20-Feb-01 11:03 AM
Subject: Symptom list

>Friends-- Peter has found this simple list of PD symptoms
useful in updating his doctors or to take to hospital when
he is to be admitted---we indicate which ones he has, and
the degree to which they affect him. Maybe others will also
find it helpful.

>SYMPTOMS OF PARKINSON'S DISEASE
>
>Patients do not usually have all these symptoms, and
certainly not all at the same time. There is great variation
among Parkinsonians and for each individual over time. The
first 3 are the primary symptoms looked for during
diagnosis.

>Slow, resting tremor
>Muscular rigidity, and cogwheeling effect in joints
>Slowness of movement (Bradykinesia)
>Poor balance, frequent falling
>Disturbance in gait
>"Freezing", feet suddenly immobilized
>Stooped posture
>Blank facial expression ("mask of Parkinson's")
>Difficulty swallowing
>Reduced volume and clarity of speech
>Drooling
>Dyskinesia ( jerky,uncontrollable movements)
>Seborrheic dermatitis, blepharitis
>Dry eyes
>Tracking problems when reading
>Bladder problems
>Constipation (chronic and life-threatening)
>Mood changes, depression
>Cognitive function and memory loss
>Hallucinations and paranoia (medication-related)
>Sleep disturbance, insomnia
>Exhaustion, lack of energy
>Restless Leg Syndrome, painful cramping
>
>*******
>I expect this came--years ago--from a book, but regret I
don't now know the source.

http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

http://www.crosswinds.net/~caregivers/index.html