Just a comment on these points---

SNIPPED
>........  I thought I read
>that he was in a hospital near family member for the past several weeks.

My rcollection was that it was  near  a FRIEND, not a family member.
SNIPPED

>....  Sometimes the other family members do not exist.....or cannot help for
>reasons that we are not aware of on this list.....and that is their family
>business.

True-- But Ivan has made no secret of the fact that his family members were
estranged from him because he is gay.  That may be one reason he turned to
the list so often for support.

      Camilla Flintermann             <[log in to unmask]>

On PDWebring at : http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

        "... Meet people where  they are  now,
                 not where you hope they might be........"
                --Christine Greenland