There were 3 posts (duplicates) from Greg, nothing in the body but an
attachment icon. I threw all away without opening the attachments--OF
COURSE!   I don't know if Greg sent the attachments on purpose, as he is
probably aware that they are a NO-NO on the list.

As for Ivan, he called me from home yesterday.  He said that the Maine
bureaucracy had decided he was not qualified for a NH, and he expects to be
able to remain in his house, and  has been promised some help with cost of
CGs from a private source. I think he also said there would be no change in
the minimal care hours Maine pays for.   I failed to ask HOW he got home,
but he did tell me about the golf tournament--again I didn't ask more
details, as it was hard to understand him and I needed to hang up and help
Peter.  I don't know if he really plays golf, or if this was a benefit of
some kind.  Maybe Greg knows that?  He mentioned some of the problems in
the hospital, but again I didn't seek all the details.  He said he had just
talked to Greg, and Greg would post to PIEN , which he did.

Sorry I can't be more specific--that's partly my memory and partly lack of
detail from him. I did understand that the relative in R.I. was his
mother's sister--and from earlier talks with Ivan I recall there was one
family member--an aunt-- who was more accepting of him than the
rest....perhaps she was the one.

From past info, I do know that Ivan has extreme swings in his functioning.
In some ways this is like one of our local support group members who was
pretty mobile at times, and at other times was frozen on the floor for an
hour, or extremely dyskinetic.  No wonder it is hard for non-medical folks
to understand the realities of this disease !

I guess unless someone supplies clarification this will remain a puzzling
situation.

      Camilla Flintermann             <[log in to unmask]>

On PDWebring at : http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

        "... Meet people where  they are  now,
                 not where you hope they might be........"
                --Christine Greenland