Date sent:              Mon, 12 Mar 2001 12:16:18 -0800
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   Don McKinley <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                ???????????????
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> about every day i get a red warning infected email. I use NOTION 2001
> all i know how to is to delete it. can you tell who sends it? I ASKED
> TO REPAIR IT AND CAME BACK NO. can some tell me more about it as who
> or what o do out side to delete it.

>                                    I.Y.Q.  DON

Don.

I use Norton 2001 also.  Sometimes you can tell by looking at the
"expanded header" who sent the virus; but most of the time, it is well-
hidden.  Besides, most of the time the person who sent it isn't even
aware that he/she is "infected" because the virus attaches itself to
your address book and sends itself automatically to everyone in your
address book.

The best thing to do with these viruses is to follow the instructions of
Norton and delete them immediately.

Best,

Bob

P. S.:  How is Vivian?

Robert A. Fink, M. D.
2500 Milvia Street   Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636  USA
510-849-2555
PLEASE NOTE:  Because of the takeover of IBMNET by
AT&T, my new e-mail address, effective immediately,
is:

The old <ibm.net> address will no longer
function after March 1, 2001.  PLEASE CHANGE
YOUR ADDRESS BOOKS.