Date sent:              Wed, 7 Mar 2001 21:34:53 -0700
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   Phyllis Hinkle <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: virus alert
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> I do not understand why my Norton virus program is not finding any
> viruses. I read all of the listserve emails and since the first virus
> alert keep running Norton to check outlook express and all the files
> in it plus full hard drive scan several times.  I have full updated my
> Norton virus at the Symantec site and yet it has not found nor
> quarantined any infected files. Any thoughts?

Phyllis,

Check to see how your Norton Antivirus program is configured.  It
may simply be deleting the messages which are infected.  I have mine
set so that I get notified when a virus is detected (so I can find our
where it is coming from).  I have gotten two copies of the Kakworm in
the last 24 hours, one of which was from this List.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D.
2500 Milvia Street   Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636  USA
510-849-2555
PLEASE NOTE:  Because of the takeover of IBMNET by
AT&T, my new e-mail address, effective immediately,
is:

The old <ibm.net> address will no longer
function after March 1, 2001.  PLEASE CHANGE
YOUR ADDRESS BOOKS.