 John is 'my PWP' and he did not start medicaments for 10 years. The first
symptoms (he was about 60) were tremor of litle finger of left hand and a
slight dragging of left leg, noticeable mainly on the wear of his left sole.
He still rode his horse for 3-4 years but balance problems started and he
gave up. By then, his tremor was worse, his left hand and arm become
stiffer. After 8-9 years without treatment, his gait was deteriorating, no
freezing. He started having more trouble dressing and feeding. His
feet/ankles started swelling the 9th year ( about), he was sleeping less
well, had to get up many times/night. Freezing and festination started. Also
restless legs. Had difficulty turning in bed. Then he decided it was time to
start meds. Started with requip, slowly and symptoms regressed. His walk
improved, no more restless legs, slept better. Tremor did not improve so
added 2x 25/100 LP sinemet/day (+9 mg Requip) and regained all his autonomy.
Tremor still bad. He hardly freezes, has no 'on-off' (yet?), can turn in
bed. His balance is not too good, depending on the day. Having been with him
all those years, I think he should have started medicaments around 8 or 9 th
year. He is currently on 9mg Requip, 2x 25/100 lp sinemet +- 1/2 Madopar 125
dispersible.
Hope it helps someone
Maryse cg John 72,12