From: Mary Ann Ryan
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2001 9:42 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: NEWS: Parkinson's study using fetal cell implants has
disastrous results

Perhaps there is a caveat here - I wonder how many of the patients described
in the study had previously been on Sinemet and developed dyskinesia as a
consequence.  Such dyskinesia would only be enhanced by a successful fetal
transplant.  However, patients who have never received Sinemet might have
far different results because they would not have developed the sensitive
dopamine receptor reaction that is a byproduct of Sinemet.
-----
God bless
Mary Ann (CG Jamie 61/21)