hi all

sharing part of a discussion elsewhere

janet

------------------
member: michael7733
posted: March 14, 2001 10:25 PM, in part:

... During discussions of this nature, it might be necessary
to "go down this road" in order to clayify reason of thought.
We are all, out of necessity in such a discussion, going down
the same road. We are merely occupying different sides of that
road. One day the road will branch, and each of us will come
to our final destination. Until that time, I will imagine the
future right beside those with whom I don't see eye-to-eye, and
we can experience the adventure of it all(and what an adventure
it will be!), but there will be times when some of us will
disagree with others(often vehemently). Still, we will continue
on the journey.

------------------
member: janet313313
posted: March 14, 2001 11:16 PM

we generally don't see eye to eye on the journey
because our vision is limited to the lenses which we have hammered in place
and which have been muddied, cracked, washed, and polished by our experiences,
which are unique to each one of us.

but
the lenses are not showing us the real world;
we see what we have taught ourselves to see,
what we think we want to see

what i think i want is
what i think i get is
what i think i see

but that does not mean
that the looking glass isn't tinted rose or grey,
or isn't ground to a convex or concave shape

aside from lens considerations
the time considerations are perplexing

the past is gone
the future never comes