Kate-- it seems that about one third of PWPs get dementia---not exactly
like Alzheimer physiologically, but similar in effect.    Yes, yo'll find
info in the archive, but I wonder if you have called NPF to request their
excellent free series of booklets and to be sent their newsletter
(magazine).
Here's the way to get that---

       *********
        National Parkinson Fndtn.,Inc.
        1501 N.W. Ninth Ave. , Bob Hope Road, Miami,FL 33136-1494
        (800) 327-4545       e-mail:  [log in to unmask]      Fax:
305 548-4403
        http://www.parkinson.org

        Bonnie (Cunningham) Douglas, R.N.  Patient Services Director ,
National Parkinson Foundation,    Inc.   may be reached at:

      NPF has a collection of excellent booklets about PD which  are
available free for the asking.
      Many - perhaps most - of the  booklets are also available on-line.
They can be read on-line and they          can also be downloaded for
future reading. To access that material, link up to the Website:
http://www.parkinson.org .

When - after a long wait - the home-page finally gets
loaded, check the SITE DIRECTORY on the left of the screen;
click LIBRARY, then click ON-LINE PUBLICATIONS. Note that they are "zipped"
and will open with "Zipit" software.

Hope this is helpful----

>I haven't read about the Type B PD but my husband does not have tremor. His
>biggest problem is rigidity, and his balance is getting pretty awful.  I was
>alarmed to read about the dementia being more prevalent with this type of PD.
> My husband doesn't read these lists for that reason. He was diagnosed 3
>years ago at 45. I want to be informed and help him in any way.  I imagine a
>check in the archives will bring up some info on this topic. Seems to be a
>good response on the survey. I hope this comes through OK. I've been having
>some problems with AOL 6.0.
>Thanks,
>Kate

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 82/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

           on the web at  http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm
           and also at  http://www.geocities.com/camillahf/index.html

               "Ask me about the CARE list for Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "
           And visit the CARE webring at
http://www.crosswinds.net/~caregivers/index.html